It doesn’t look like a lot happened this week, but quite a few things got done. Somehow, the ceiling tongue & groove was underestimated, so a rush custom order was needed for about 300 more square feet. AND, there was a fire at the lumber yard, so we lost a few days. But other work continued.
- The ceiling tongue & groove is finished (after the straggling materials arrived).
- The framing is completely done. All of the walls and windows are roughed out now.
- All of the final trim decisions were made. There is a lot more wood than anyone anticipated, so we have some BUDGET additions. I’m not sure why this is a surprise and it was perfectly clear to me. :> . It’s on the plans, but Tim’s says he’s surprised, too.
- Electric has been roughed in and passed electrical inspection
- HVAC ducting has been roughed in & mechanicals should arrive next week.
- The custom redwood siding to match our existing house has been ordered.
- I finally finished grinding out the stupid drywall and caulk from the beam cracks.
- We’ve been testing stain colors for all of the wood in the house
- My Dad and I got all of our phone, cable and A/V wiring done. I can now say what it’s like to crawl around in the crawl space.
- The roofing starts Tuesday. Hoorah for actual roofing that drains properly and has some insulation. Can’t wait.
- HVAC & Plumbing mechanicals should be arriving & begin to be installed
- Our West facing wall/window is on its way from California. It’s scheduled to arrive late next week.
- Our windows guy may start cutting glass for all of our fixed windows this week.
- I need to get my butt in gear and finish ordering our kitchen faucet, lighting, a few hinges, and heat registers.
I’ll post lots more pictures this week. This weekend, it seemed to just be more of the same!