It doesn’t look like a lot happened this week, but quite a few things got done. Somehow, the ceiling tongue & groove was underestimated, so a rush custom order was needed for about 300 more square feet. AND, there was a fire at the lumber yard, so we lost a few days. But other work continued.

  • The ceiling tongue & groove is finished (after the straggling materials arrived).
  • The framing is completely done. All of the walls and windows are roughed out now.
  • All of the final trim decisions were made. There is a lot more wood than anyone anticipated, so we have some BUDGET additions. I’m not sure why this is a surprise and it was perfectly clear to me. :> . It’s on the plans, but Tim’s says he’s surprised, too.
  • Electric has been roughed in and passed electrical inspection
  • HVAC ducting has been roughed in & mechanicals should arrive next week.
  • The custom redwood siding to match our existing house has been ordered.
  • I finally finished grinding out the stupid drywall and caulk from the beam cracks.
  • We’ve been testing stain colors for all of the wood in the house
  • My Dad and I got all of our phone, cable and A/V wiring done. I can now say what it’s like to crawl around in the crawl space.

Upcoming Fun

  • The roofing starts Tuesday. Hoorah for actual roofing that drains properly and has some insulation. Can’t wait.
  • HVAC & Plumbing mechanicals should be arriving & begin to be installed
  • Our West facing wall/window is on its way from California. It’s scheduled to arrive late next week.
  • Our windows guy may start cutting glass for all of our fixed windows this week.
  • I need to get my butt in gear and finish ordering our kitchen faucet, lighting, a few hinges, and heat registers.

I’ll post lots more pictures this week. This weekend, it seemed to just be more of the same!

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *